chicken avocado pear salad
2. Cook chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper, in preferred oil or a little remaining bacon grease. Add rosemary on top half-way through and finish cooking.
3. Gently toss lettuce, avocado, pears, onions, and walnuts, then add chicken and dressing.
pie crust empanadas
blueberry grilled cheese
- 1 package Oreos or sandwich cookies
- 1 package white chocolate almond bark (24 oz.)
- 1 package (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips or 2 bars of baking chocolate (4 oz. each)
1. Melt white baking chocolate in microwave, stopping to stir at 15-30 seconds intervals. Dye with food coloring until your preferred tint of orange — we started with 4 drops red, 6 drops yellow.
2. Use a fork to dip cookies in the orange chocolate. Place on wax paper, and let solidify in fridge for ~30 minutes.
3. Melt chocolate chips (same as step 1) and pour into resealable plastic bag. Cut a small piece of the corner of the bag and pipe basketball lines onto the cookies. Let solidify in fridge again and serve!
Adapted from our Seasons magazine: https://www.hy-vee.com/recipes-ideas/recipes/slam-dunk-cookies
Cajun cream scallops
1. Pat your scallops dry and season with cajun seasoning.
2. On medium high heat, sear scallops in oil and melted butter for approx. 2 min. and remove from pan.
3. Add garlic, mustard, lemon juice, and cream. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 2 minutes until thick.
4. Optional: garnish with parsley.
Adapted from https://www.closetcooking.com/seared-scallops-in-cajun-mustard-cream/.
honey balsamic brussels sprouts
1. Wash & halve brussels sprouts.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper & salt.
3. Roast in the oven at 400ºF for approx. 20 min.
4. Toss with Balsamic vinegar and honey, and serve.
avocado & greek yogurt mousse
2. Add chocolate (melted & cooled) and vanilla extra, and mix well.
3. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve when ready.
Makes 2-4 bowls.
Adapted from https://www.amummytoo.co.uk/avocado-chocolate-mousse/.
1. Line 13x9 baking pan with parchment paper. Chop white chocolate and melt in microwave, stopping to stir every 15-30 seconds until fully melted. Pour half onto baking sheet and spread into consistent layer.
2. Top white chocolate layer with cookies in even lines with cookie edges touching. Cover Oreos with the rest of the white chocolate.
3. Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stopping to stir every 15-30 seconds until fully melted. Drizzle on top and use a knife to swirl a design, if preferred.
4. Top with crushed cookies and sprinkles.
5. Refrigerate until solidified (about an hour). Break into chunks to serve.
Adapted from https://www.thecountrycook.net/valentines-day-oreo-bark/.
Pretzels: 3 ways
chocolate-covered pretzel rods
four layer brownies
1. Prep your preferred cookie dough and brownie mix according to your recipe/box instructions.
2. Press cookie dough into a greased 9x13 pan. Lay down a layer of Oreos. Cover with brownie mix and top with chocolate chips.
3. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove foil and bake for another 15-25 minutes or until brownie top reaches preferred gooeyness. Let cool and enjoy!
You can find our recipe posts & Brief Bites videos on social media, but sometimes you just need it written out!